Thursday, August 12, 2010

Adios Electoral College

On The Gov Spot blog, MCarr discusses getting rid of the Electoral College once and for all. I strongly agree with this viewpoint. Ever since I learned about the Electoral College process in my 8th grade history class, I’ve felt that it was an unfair way to elect the president of the United States. The president should be elected by a popular vote where every individual vote cast matters.
The Electoral College is not always a true representation of what the people want. For example, in the 2000 presidential election Gore won the majority of the popular vote, but because Bush received more electoral votes he was awarded the presidency. Eliminating the Electoral College will prevent disasters like this from ever happening again. Some people in America have stopped voting because they believe their vote really doesn’t make a difference. Our country was built on the principle of equal representation and we need to get rid of the Electoral College in order to get back to this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This design is spectacular! You most certainly know how to keep a reader amused.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.

..HaHa!) Great job. I really loved what you had to
say, and more than that, how you presented it.
Too cool!

Also visit my web site: vakantiehuisje frankrijk