Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Just Say No

Until reading a few of the other blog posts I was not aware that the legalization of marijuana in California could possibly be taking place. I immediately foresee the problems to come if this law were to be put into effect. California could be setting a precedent for other states. If residents cold grow it in their own homes, it would not be monitored like the administration of prescription drugs in pharmacies. Minors under the age of 21 could easily have access to it and though there may be some “positive” medical benefits I think we can all agree that the negative side effects have a longer lasting effect. I believe the government (federal and state) has a moral responsibility to the people to pass laws that will only benefit and protect them in the end. The amount of jobs and tax revenue this legislation could bring in isn’t worth risking the lives and safety of the American people. I hope this law does not pass in California and if it does I hope that other states choose not to follow in their footsteps.

No comments: